Below are some advantages to the Natural Family Planning method:
- Increase comfort to the mother and baby.
- Calm environment
- Reduced rates of maternal morbidity
- Less likely to have postpartum hemorrhaging or perineal lacerations
- Reduce chance of interventions including C-Section, episotomy, and instrumental vaginal birth.
Before beginning Natural Family Planning, please consider:
- Are you a high-risk pregnancy?
- Have you been pregnant before?
- Have you previously had a C-Section?
- Are you diabetic?
- Do you have high blood pressure?
- Are you at risk for early labor?
- Do you have a midwife or or doctor to assist?
- Do you have a pediatrician ready for after your baby is born?
If you answer yes to any of these, we highly recommend you speak to your obstetrician before deciding on having a home birth or using a birthing center. Also, it’s always a good idea to have a safe “Plan B” in case things don’t go as planned. Being able to be flexible can reduce stress and prevent a difficult labor.
If you are interested in our natural family planning program, speak to one of our doctors and we’ll discuss all of your options, questions, and hopefully answer anything you need along the way. We can help you find an OB or midwife as well as a birthing center or birthing tub for your home birth. Please don’t hesitate to give our office a call for any questions you might have at (817) 431-4242 or use our Online Form Submission and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
This is a really great place for moms as they have a playroom for the kids and all the staff are very kid friendly. And I love the massage pods! Sometimes I come just for those!
I have been going here since I was pregnant with my first child. I definitely think it helped with both my pregnancies! Both births went very well.
I love everyone here. My family and I come here for physical therapy, chiropractic adjustments, and therapeutic massage. We have had a wonderful experience with Dr. Yang, Dr. Upchurch, and Dr. Hayes.
My first consultation was yesterday. The front desk person is Tosha and she was so friendly and informative. After Tosha gave me a tour of their super cute office, Dr. Upchurch did a complete exam and adjustment. Dr. Upchurch is so sweet and I look forward to my next appointment when she will give me the game plan for my treatment.
Helps me feel better! Great service and wellness help! Everyone there is always nice and very good!!!